In my last post, I asked some tough questions about the cancellation of the 2011 Amren conference in Charlotte.
In this post, I will take a crack at answering them. I will close out the discussion of this topic by trying to offer some constructive solutions to the problem of holding future conferences.
Questions and Answers
(1) What are his critics on the internet doing to advance White Nationalism? Where is their conference? Where is their newsletter? Where are their television and radio appearances?
The answer to the first question is nothing much.
Jared Taylor is one of the few White Advocates who always speaks responsibly about race in public. He is easily the best communicator in the movement. There isn’t a White Advocate in America who comes across as more sympathetic to our target audience.
I can’t answer the second question to my satisfaction.
I am sure there are White Nationalist organizations out there that dislike Jared Taylor and regularly hold their national conferences on private property. These groups have no appeal to me. I don’t follow them and couldn’t tell you what they are doing.
Some of Jared Taylor’s critics have appeared on television and radio.
Glenn Miller appeared on the Howard Stern show last year. I can’t think of anyone else. If these people have appeared on television and radio, I haven’t seen any sign of them.
(2) Is a sixty year old man supposed to do everything?
Jared Taylor is good at what he does. He also does far more than most. If we were trying to liquidate the White Nationalist movement, Amren and VDARE would be counted as assets, not as liabilities.
Amren is a great publication. The biannual conferences are a bright spot in a rather dismal scene. There isn’t a classier operation in the movement.
The debacle in Charlotte has less to do with Jared Taylor and Amren than with what White Nationalists in general have and haven’t been doing in North Carolina. This is also true of Mississippi where a Memphis area hotel reneged on David Duke’s EURO conference.
It doesn’t matter whether White Nationalists are naming the Jew. The threat to our civil rights is a common problem that transcends that particular issue.
It stems from a common cause.
(3) Were these people – the system rejecters – of any assistance to Jared Taylor and Amren in Charlotte? Were they of any assistance last year when Jeffrey Imm derailed the 2010 conference?
The “system rejecters” have proven useless in both episodes. They don’t have the resources or the inclination to pressure the Sheraton hotel chain or Mayor Patrick Cannon in Charlotte.
(4) Is there a pro-White elected official in Charlotte or North Carolina that the White Nationalist movement can appeal to?
I don’t know of any such elected official.
(5) Are there White Nationalists in North Carolina even bothering to run for elected office in that state?
I don’t think so.
I don’t know of anyone there trying to win a seat in the North Carolina state legislature or on the Charlotte city council. To my knowledge, there is no one there running a professional campaign, or even contemplating a serious run for public office.
(6) Is there are a White equivalent to any of these organizations?
The closest analogue would be EURO.
White Nationalists haven’t supported EURO or the A3P to the extent they could have done. This is the dirty little secret of the White Nationalist movement.
The vast majority of White Nationalists don’t support their own organizations. Yet they expect conservatives to join them and become White Nationalists.
(7) Why hasn’t the White Nationalist movement succeeded in organizing the 1/5th of the White population (at a minimum) that agrees with us on our most important issues?
This question has a complex answer.
– The vast majority of White Nationalists are content to post anonymous comments on the internet. Their participation in the movement is limited to venting their frustrations in cyberspace under pseudonyms.
– Most White Nationalists who are inclined toward “activism” are vanguardist exhibitionists who acting are out their own sense of individuality. They are not trying to convert anyone to White Nationalism.
– White Nationalists become addicted to a radical rhetoric in the course of their “education” on the internet. I have already mentioned the withdrawal process in my previous post.
It will suffice to say that the radical rhetoric disinclines them to interact with people who are less radical than they are, rhetorically speaking, even if we need the support of those people to create a White ethnostate in this country.
– A large percentage of White Nationalists are unable to communicate with this racially aware audience for various reasons. Some of them are stridently anti-Christian, anti-American, anti-Semitic, anti-republican, etc.
They would end up picking a fight with racial conservatives. The conversion process would end badly.
– White Nationalists rely upon the internet to disseminate their message. The racial conservative audience doesn’t rely as heavily on this medium.
– The racial conservative audience doesn’t see the White Nationalist movement as a viable resistance to the status quo. Most of the people who care about immigration and multiculturalism are going to support groups which are successful at addressing these problems.
– It simply hasn’t occurred to White Nationalists in North Carolina to organize the 20 percent of the White population that is racially aware in that state. They aren’t even trying to do so.
(8) Why haven’t Whites in North Carolina joined the National Socialist Movement, World Church of the Creator, National Alliance, Confederate Hammerskins, Ku Klux Klan, or White Revolution?
These groups are seen in a negative light for various reasons. It is somewhat attributable to media bias, but much of it has to do with their own actions, and how these groups present themselves to the public.
The majority of people who agree with our core issues don’t perceive any of these groups as viable.
(9) What happened to the White Patriot Party?
I’m not sure.
I believe it dissolved sometime before Glenn Miller declared war on the federal government and appointed himself President of the Confederate States of America.
(10) What is preventing them from reaching a wider audience?
The CofCC suffers from an elite imposed lack of legitimacy in North Carolina. It is labeled and marginalized as a “notorious white supremacist organization.” The substance of the CofCC political platform is quite popular in North Carolina and the other Southern states.