Rasmussen has a new poll out that sheds considerable light on the subject of how White Nationalists should engage White America. There are two competing points of view on this subject.
“Mainstreamers” believe the White majority is sympathetic to our beliefs and that we should work through the system to connect with a mass audience and confront our enemies in a lawful manner.
“Vanguardists” believe that the White majority are “lemmings” who dance to whatever tune is played by an elite cabal of string pullers in the mass media. They believe in rejecting the system and forming a “hardcore nucleus” of true believers who will rise to power in the aftermath of the collapse.
State of America
Here are the latest poll numbers:
– 57 percent of likely U.S. voters believe the policies and practices of the federal government encourage illegal immigration.
– 21 percent of likely U.S. voters believe the federal government does not encourage illegal immigration.
– 47 percent of voters say that relying on the federal government to enforce federal immigration law is a better approach than relying on individual states to enforce immigration law.
– 44 percent of voters would rather rely on the individual states to enforce federal immigration law.
– 68 percent of voters say that securing the border is more important than legalizing illegal aliens.
– 25 percent of voters say that legalizing illegal aliens is more important.
– 64 percent of voters say the U.S. military should be used to secure the border.
– 60 percent of Republicans favor the states acting on their own to enforce federal immigration laws.
– 59 percent of Democrats think it is better to rely on the federal government to enforce federal immigration laws.
– 78 percent of mainstream voters say that border security is more important than legalizing illegal aliens.
– 50 percent of the political class thinks border security is more important than amnesty.
– 70 percent of mainstream voters believe the federal government encourages illegal immigration.
– 54 percent of the political class believes the federal government does not encourage illegal immigration.
– 65 percent of the political class would rather rely upon the federal government to enforce immigration laws.
– 55 percent of mainstream voters would rather rely upon the states to enforce immigration laws.
– 58 percent of Americans oppose granting birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens.
Nothing here should come as a surprise.
The numbers above are racially inclusive. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and Jews were included in the poll. This skews the results considerably to the Left.
White voters are far more supportive of restrictionist immigration laws than the Rasmussen numbers indicate.
We have public opinion on our side. The mainstream media is unable to dictate the course of the immigration debate. White America flatly does not trust either the mainstream media or the political class to handle immigration anymore.
If you do a Google News search for “immigration,” as I do every morning, you will be hard pressed to find a single article in the mainstream media that is supportive of restrictionist immigration laws. Journalists are almost unanimously supportive of amnesty for illegal aliens.
We need to stop lying to ourselves about several important subjects:
– White people are able to see through the media bias on immigration.
– There are real and significant differences between “progressives” and “conservatives” on immigration. This is also true of “Democrats” and “Republicans.”
– The constituency for new restrictionist immigration laws are populist conservatives who are concentrated in the Republican Party.
– Given the state of public opinion, we have a serious problem on the organizational and message fronts.
In related news, Jared Taylor weighed in on this subject at the 2011 Amren conference. He “characterized the present age” as one of “belief in miracles.”
After discussing the wishful thinking that is so prevalent in the mainstream, Taylor addressed the most powerful myth that prevails in our own circles:
“Mr. Taylor chided some race realists for believing in their own miracle: that the economic and social systems will soon collapse, and that a strong white racial consciousness will emerge from the rubble. Instead, he urged whites to take advantage of the rising anger against the direction in which the country is moving and to undertake the hard, painstaking work of politics. Even just a few race realists on school boards or city councils would have a huge psychological and propaganda effect, and would begin to channel current frustrations in promising directions.”
The polls have shown for years that White America is ripe to be organized against the mainstream media and political class on immigration. Immigration is by far the most important public policy issue to White Nationalists.
The polls also show that White America is similarly fed up with racial double standards, media bias, multiculturalism, free trade, foreign aid, foreign wars, and especially the skyrocketing national debt and government spending on privileged minorities. These are all perceived as legitimate grievances.
If you take the White Nationalist political platform and poll each separate plank of our agenda, you will find that most of our views are not only mainstream, but actually quite centrist in their level of public support.
There is something wrong with our approach.
I think the major problem we have is that we are getting too far ahead of our audience.
White Nationalists tend to be “truth tellers.” They are disproportionately bright people who have personalities that incline them toward questioning authority.
This is a good thing in the sense that it allows White Nationalists to see through the prevailing taboos against White racial consciousness. It also comes at the expense of coming across as tone deaf before most audiences.
The hare has to travel at the same speed of the tortoise to lead the turtles in the right direction. This goes against the grain of our personalities.
Most White Nationalists don’t have the patience to lead or interact with ordinary White people. They end up traveling far ahead of the curve, isolating themselves in the process, and hurling insults at their audience from the fringes of society.
Sometimes you have to go backward to go forward.
In our case, we have to back to where White people are today, organize them around popular issues like illegal immigration and racial double standards, establish ourselves as legitimate authority figures, and then lead ordinary people at their own slow plodding pace to a mass racial awakening.
It is not going to be easy.
In my humble opinion, that is the only way we are ever going to get White America and White Nationalists moving along on the right track.